Wednesday 2 July 2014

Earth Tones


I love living in London, a city rich in culture and creative arts for everyone to soak in. Tate Modern is an amazing space promoting the enjoyment of modern and contemporary art. The Henrie Matisse exhibition was one that caught my eye, it has already influenced many in the city and one of my favourite takes on his style was the Liberties shop window. Our department stores are renowned for their attention to window display details. Liberties did not fail to impress, a great visual of creativity, colour and imagination.
The exhibition was a beautiful insight into Matisse’ ‘carving into colour’ series. Pages of his sketchbooks were laid out, details from his archives displayed and a stunning collection framed to see up close.
I was first introduced to his work in Primary school, my memory is crystal clear; the day we had to recreate one of his most iconic pieces ‘The Snail’ in 1994, even back then art came to me naturally and creating Matisse inspired pieces felt effortless. His use of bold colour blocks, stylised shapes, compositions and layered scale boast an innovative mind-set like no other.
Unfortunately photography inside the exhibition was prohibited, all the more reason to visit and see an amazing slice of modern art for yourself; view with an open mind and view from a child’s perspective, view to question every placement, colour choice and detail. Its art like you have never seen before.


For walking around town I picked easy wears; comfy boots, plain black t and my new love a beautiful zebra patterned skirt. I have always had a soft spot for animal prints, cant go wrong with teaming it all up with gold accessories; perfect match if you ask me, I absolutely love them!


Outfit – Top/Primark Jacket/Mango Skirt/Zara Boots/RiverIsland Bag/Mango Watch/MichealKors Necklace/Zara Belt/Charles&Keith
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig