Thursday 30 October 2014

Shimmer Season


A little more groomed than my last look, but it is always good to start the year off on a positive note. Its October Mitika, not January – I hear you! But the past weekend was New Years for me. New Year?! Yes you did read that right! Over the weekend I celebrated Diwali and the Hindu New Year, which is essentially the Indian equivalent to Christmas; plenty of food, presents and dressing up!
As you all know I gravitate towards animal prints (here, here and here!) but another one of my loves is sparkle. Sequins, embroidery, glitter, diamonds, and metallic’ s any of the above and I’m sold! I am like a magpie around shiny objects. So when presented with the opportunity to select an item of clothing from Laura Ashley’s autumn winter 2014 range the Matinee collection caught my eye straight away.
Matinee is a mix of beautiful lace designs, elegant embroidery and beading on a jewel tone palette. What I like about separates like this cardigan I picked is their versatility. It jazzes up the simplest of daywear and adds the finishing touches to an evening ensemble. Who said shimmer was only for a night out?
On a creative note, I’m super excited to release a new set of illustrations this week, be sure to check back a little later to see what I’ve been up to!
Outfit - Cardigan-C/OLauraAshley Belt/Charles&Keith Skirt/Primark Scarf/Zara Heels/Zara Earrings/ToryBurch
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig