Saturday 23 December 2017

Getting used to being pregnant.


Admittedly the first few months of pregnancy got me down, it was physically and mentally exhausting, not to mention we were in the process of moving homes and my grandfather passed away on the day I was admitted into hospital for Hyperemesis Grvidarum so the stress of everything came all at once.
Unfortunate, but that’s just how things pan out sometimes.
After getting my head around the whole situation I started to enjoy it. I felt comfortable in my own skin again, I accepted these changes were temporary and at the end of it my body will produce a tiny human.
The further I got into my pregnancy I kept thinking about time and how it wont wait for anyone.


As a young woman who has dedicated herself whole heartedly to education, working and being a financially stable individual, I can relate to all the other ladies who push aside the idea of bearing a child until they have satisfied all their career goals.
After all, if we work just as hard as our counterparts why should we give it all up in an instant? Expected to bear the struggles of growing a child and still continue with life without any special allowances.
I guess that’s just the biological lottery women lost out on when we were created.
My main point here is, even though there is that inner battle in most women on when they will or wont be ready, it’s almost a gamble.
It’s a gamble because we are already born with a finite number of eggs.

‘Women are born with approximately two million eggs in their ovaries, but about eleven thousand of them die every month prior to puberty. As a teenager, a womanhas only three hundred thousand to four hundred thousand remaining eggs, and from that point on, approximately one thousand eggs are destined to die each month.’


But what if these statistics don’t run true for you, what if you are the minority where you waited too long?
It’s unfair to say the least, but if you have a partner, see a future with them and dream of having a family, my advice would be don’t wait.
We are never ready for anything until thrown in the deep end. Pregnancy isn’t an easy task, nor is raising the children but the sooner it’s done, I believe the easier it will be.

‘’ I felt like I may not get opportunities to do this ever again, so it’s about time—it’s a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you’re ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There’s almost no such thing as ready. There’s only now ‘’ - Hugh Laurie


One of the wonders of being a woman is even after bearing the task of growing and raising children, we are still capable of fitting back into society and can achieve goals and unimaginable achievements. That being said, it’s a shame we’re still seen as secondary in many aspects of life.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig